TLU - 60vcaps - Genestra
Vitamins A, C and E for the maintenance of good health
• Helps to maintain eyesight, skin, membranes, and immune function
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth, gums and night vision
• Aids in wound healing and connective tissue formation
• An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
• Helps to prevent vitamin A, C and E deficiency by providing 8,000 IU of vitamin A, 400 mg of vitamin C, and 120 IU of vitamin E per daily dose
TLU is a blend of vitamins A, C, and E that also contains Bos taurus lung as a complementary ingredient. Vitamin A helps maintain the skin’s barrier integrity by:
1) increasing the proliferation of dividing cells in the epidermis; 2) compacting the outer epidermal layer that consists of dead cells; 3) increasing the number of glycosaminoglycans – polysaccharides that help hydrate the skin.1 Vitamin C is necessary for the synthesis of collagen, the primary structural protein found in connective tissue.2 Collagen is also the main protein involved in wound healing, and deficiencies in vitamin C may lead to impaired healing of wounds.2 As the most important aqueous antioxidant, vitamin C donates electrons to prevent free radical damage to DNA.3 Vitamin E is also a valuable antioxidant, and its primary role is to donate electrons to decrease the oxidation of LDL and lipid membranes.3 The stable vitamin E radical produced can be recycled by vitamin C, demonstrating how these two vitamins synergistically help maintain good health.
Recommended Adult Dose: Take one capsule two times daily with meals or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Risk Information: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding; or if you are allergic to anethole or plants of the Apiaceae/Carrot family, do not use. If you have blood pressure problems; or if you suffer from a kidney disorder, gall bladder disease, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, or impaired liver function, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Consumption of Goldenseal with alcohol, other medications and/or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Hypersensitivity/allergy has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.